16-19 Tuition Funding: Statement of Intent
At the start of the academic year the Department for Education announced funding for 16-19 providers to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from the COVID-19 Pandemic. This funding is specifically being provided to support small group tuition for 16-19 students in English, Maths and other courses where learning has been disrupted.
Further detailed guidance as regards the provision of 16-19 Tuition Funding can be found at using the link below;
Purpose. The purpose of this guidance is to set out the expectations for and conditions under which the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) will support students via the 16 to 19 tuition ...
The Bishop Wand Church of England School is committed to using the Tuition Funding that it has been allocated, respectively £1,345.00, and specifically will be providing the following support to students:
- Students not achieving grade 4 for Maths and/or English will be provided with opportunities to secure these qualifications by being entered for both the November and June exam series if necessary.
- Students who have not achieved grade 4 for Maths and/or English will receive additional small group lessons during the School day.
- Student who have not achieved the grade 4 in Maths and/or English will receive bespoke resources where required.
As a condition of this funding the School will:
- Write and publish on our website a statement explaining how we intend to use the funding that has been allocated
- Record how this funding has been deployed, including details of the individual students who have received support and the nature of the tuition support provided
- Ensure that the extra tuition and associated funding is spent in the 2020/2021 academic year
- Notify ESFA should any funds remain unspent at the end of the academic year to enable it to be reclaimed