Home School Agreement
At The Bishop Wand Church of England School we believe that the success of our students depends on a three way partnership between School, staff, students and parent/carers. We ask you to read and sign the following agreement reflecting this partnership.
As a parent / carer I will:
- Ensure that my child attends School every day and arrives on time.
- Contact the School on the first day of any illness and all subsequent days.
- Ensure that I am aware of the School Uniform Policy and that my child adheres to the policy.
- Check that my child has the correct equipment and books each day.
- Ensure the completion of all homework by regularly checking the planner and ‘Satchel:One’
- Keep myself informed of my child’s progress and behaviour in school through INSIGHT and the student planner.
- Attend Parents’ Consultation Evenings and discussion meetings.
- Notify the School promptly of any change in contact details.
- Encourage my child to adopt the highest standards of behaviour in School and on their journey to and from School.
- Support the School Behaviour Policy, including my child attending any detentions given before, during or after school.
- Be aware of my child’s internet useage at home, paying specific attention to social media, to help prevent them from being at risk.
- Support the School policy with regards to mobile phones.
As a student I will:
- Attend School every day.
- Wear the full School uniform correctly and be tidy in appearance.
- Show respect to staff and other students.
- Respect the School environment and local community.
- Bring the correct equipment and books to School.
- Access Satchel:One on a daily basis and ensure all homework is complete.
- Use and respect the school planner appropriately.
- Access INSIGHT daily to monitor attendance, timetable, rewards and sanctions.
- Work hard in all lessons and always try to do my best.
- Show respect, behave well and conduct myself safely.
- Participate fully and safely in all practical activities.
- Abide by the Code of Conduct and accept any consequences of not doing so.
- Use the internet/social media safely and sensibly at home.
- Respect the School mobile phone policy.
The Bishop Wand School
The School will:
- Work with you to secure a positive and happy school experience.
- Educate your child to his /her full potential.
- Encourage each student’s individual talents.
- Provide appropriate care and support in a safe, Christian environment.
- Celebrate achievement in a variety of ways.
- Provide a balanced curriculum.
- Keep you regularly informed as to your child’s progress through INSIGHT and consultation meetings.
- Set and mark homework in line with the School Assessment Policy.
- Keep you informed about School events and activities through the weekly Briefing, via email and School website.
- Communicate promptly in the event of an emergency or other cause for concern.
- Help to keep your child informed of internet safety and filter internet sites to keep them protected.
- Implement our School policies consistently.