Home School Agreement
At The Bishop Wand Church of England School we believe that the success of our students depends on a three way partnership between School, staff, students and parent/carers. We ask you to read and sign the following agreement reflecting this partnership.
This agreement reads as follows:
As a parent / carer I will:
- Ensure that my child attends School every day and arrives on time.
- Contact the School on the first day of any illness.
- Ensure that my child wears the full School uniform.
- Check that my child has the correct equipment and books each day.
- Ensure the completion of all homework.
- Check and sign the planner weekly.
- Attend Parents’ Consultation Evenings and discussion meetings.
- Notify the School promptly of any change in contact details.
- Encourage my child to adopt the highest standards of behaviour in School and on their journey to and from School.
- Support the School Behaviour Policy, including my child attending any detentions given.
As a student I will:
- Wear the full School uniform correctly and be tidy in appearance.
- Attend School every day.
- Show respect to staff and other students.
- Respect the School environment and local community.
- Bring the correct equipment and books to School.
- Complete all homework, ensure it is entered into my student planner and that my planner is signed weekly.
- Work hard in all lessons and always try to do my best.
- Behave well and conduct myself safely.
- Participate fully and safely in all practical activities.
- Abide by the Code of Conduct and accept any consequences of not doing so.
The Bishop Wand School
The Bishop Wand Church of England School will:
- Work with you to secure a positive and happy school experience.
- Educate your child to his /her full potential.
- Encourage each student’s individual talents.
- Provide appropriate care and support in a safe, Christian environment
- Celebrate achievement in a variety of ways.
- Provide a stimulating environment and a balanced curriculum.
- Keep you regularly informed as to your child’s progress through reports, their planner and consultation meetings.
- Set and mark homework regularly and monitor the student planner.
- Keep you informed about School events and activities through the weekly Briefing, via email and School website.
- Communicate promptly in the event of an emergency or other cause for concern.